Once again, Metalmag is honoring the best in metal design and construction. Enter your best metal projects in the 2012 Metalmag Architectural Awards program!
Winning projects in each category will be featured in Metalmag’s September 2012 issue, which will be distributed at METALCON International in October. Winning projects also will appear on www.metalmag.com. One winner in each category will receive an award and free reprints of their published project.
- Architects, contractors and manufacturers practicing in the U.S., Canada or Mexico may submit a project completed after Jan. 1, 2009.
- Entrants may submit projects in as many categories as they like, but the same project cannot be submitted for more than one category.
- Metal must be the primary product used.
- Projects that have won other awards are eligible.
- All projects must be built; no project proposals will be accepted
Deadlines and Fees
Register by April 6, 2012: First entry, $75; additional entries, $50
Register after April 6, 2012: First entry, $95; additional entries, $75
Entry forms and submission materials must be postmarked by May 4, 2012.
*Interiors—Projects that are enhanced by metal on the inside should be entered into this category.
*Metal Buildings—Pre-engineered metal buildings or projects framed with metal are eligible for this category.
*Residential—Residential projects that utilize metal should enter this category.
*Retrofit—Projects that use metal to re-use and restore existing buildings are eligible for the Retrofit award.
*Roofs—Stellar metal roofing projects should be entered into this category.
*Wall Panels—Metal used as exterior cladding material is eligible for this category.
Special Additional Award
*Building Green—Projects in any category that pursue green building goals may also apply for consideration in this special award category. Metal used on projects that excel in sustainability are eligible. The metal product(s) used must play a role in the sustainable strategy of the building.
Does the project contain a significant amount of metal?
Does the project reflect quality design and installation practices?
Does the project meet industry standards?
Does the project use metal in an innovative way?
For Building Green: How does metal help to achieve sustainability?
An independent panel of respected building professionals will select winners for each category. Judging will take place and winners will be notified in June 2012.
How to Submit
Fill out the registration form then mail the following items to:
Metalmag Architectural Awards
Attn: Jim Schneider
8725 W. Higgins Road, Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60631
- Four copies of the entry form
- One copy of the photo release form
- Four copies of an optional narrative describing why metal was used and design challenges
- Those submitting under “Building Green” will be required to submit a narrative about how metal helped achieve the sustainable goals of a project.
- A CD of up to 10 high-resolution, professional-quality digital images of the completed project. Images should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and be at least 5 by 7 inches. Raw files are preferred. Do not compress files or make color corrections. Site plans, schematic drawings and the like are encouraged; they must be in an 8 ½- by 11-inch format.
- Four hard copies of each image/drawing in 8 1/2- by 11-inch format.
Entries that are missing information will be automatically disqualified.
Hanley Wood LLC/Metalmag will not pay usage fees for any photos.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.